пʼятницю, червня 02, 2006

luxuries

Last night, I took a hot shower for the first time since February. I had hot running water at Marina's for baths, and currently my baths consist of heating up three bucketfuls and one teakettle of water, but I hadn't had a shower in months. Oh, it felt so good!

I can tell what affect 8 months of living in Ukraine has had on me by what I consider luxuries. My vaccination vacation in Kyiv has given me a hot shower, unlimited free high-speed Internet (at the office), and ranch dressing. All of these are unusual in my life now, and I've savored them to the utmost.

Plans for the rest of the day: meet up with Cindy Thomas and her little boys for a visit and to get the books that Brandi sent for me (yay!), hang out with Tif (whether siteseeing or just bumming around the office), grab a quick bite to eat (probably McDonald's) before catching the train, and then head home to Balaklia (without Tif, who will get to enjoy Kyiv's luxuries and high prices a little longer, as she has some issues at site).

It's been such a good vacation!