суботу, травня 13, 2006

just a small-town girl

I know I just posted yesterday, but Tif and I are in Kharkiv for a day of hanging out (my first trip to Kharkiv since March!). We went to the Ukrainian equivalent of Barnes and Nobles, drooled over everything, and then I bought Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in Ukrainian for 29 hryvnia (about $6.00 USD). Then we got very good pizza for 10 hryvnia...mine was a margarita pizza, which is tomatoes and mozzerella cheese. I haven't had actual mozzerella cheese in MONTHS. Now we're checking email, and then off to hit up the supermarket for Herbal Essence shampoo and spices you can't find in our towns. We're two small-town teachers spending our day off in the big city!

~*~

Tif: When I go back to the States, if I want to mail a letter, I can go to the Post Office, and they'll have like 5 counters open, and the people will speak English...

Me: Or, you could just stick it in your mailbox... [in Ukraine, most people seem not to have books of stamps at home...you go to the Poshta when you want to mail a letter]

[later] Tif: I feel sort of stupid now...

~*~

Points to anyone who can identify my post title!

6 Comments:

At 5:10 пп, травня 13, 2006, Anonymous Анонім said...

Your title is vaguely familiar, but I can't place it right now. By the way, what are all these "points" good for? Bed and breakfast when we come to Ukraine?

 
At 9:23 пп, травня 13, 2006, Anonymous Анонім said...

Wasn't that your LJ tagline at some point? Sadly, I can't place the original source.

Margarita = mozzarella + tomatoes? I don't drink, but that doesn't sound quite right. ;)

I just bought Herbal Essence shampoo! It was the only kind at Meijer for "normal to oily" hair for some reason. I don't know why ... just because we struggle with oily hair doesn't mean we don't *wash* it.

I hope you're having a wonderfully fun day! :)

 
At 12:49 дп, травня 14, 2006, Anonymous Анонім said...

Isn't it a song or something?

 
At 7:34 пп, травня 15, 2006, Anonymous Анонім said...

Hey Sally,

I bought Harry Potter books in Spanish when I was in Ecuador. They were great practice. I actually haven't read the Secret Chamber or Prisoner of Azkaban in English, only in Spanish.

Enjoy!
Emmalea

 
At 11:20 пп, травня 15, 2006, Blogger Brad and Megan said...

Sally - I've got your blog title pinned down. It's "Midnight Train" but I don't know the artist.

 
At 11:03 дп, травня 22, 2006, Anonymous Анонім said...

its the journey song :)

 

Дописати коментар

<< Home