пʼятницю, квітня 14, 2006

the burblings of a new "homeowner"

I have an apartment!!!

It's the one pretty near my school that's without hot water, but from what I'm hearing, that's pretty much the norm for PCVs...I got a text message from one of my friends in Western Ukraine this morning, and she doesn't have ANY water. Other than that, it's awesome...it belongs to a guy in the army, but he's currently not around, so his mom, who teaches at a different school in town, is renting it to me. Hopefully he'll be gone for the next two years!

The apartment's just been remodeled, so the flooring and wallpaper is new. There are three rooms--a kitchen, a living room, and a bedroom, plus a bathroom (here, bathrooms are in two parts with the toilet in one tiny room and the tub in another). The electric, water, and gas (for the stove) aren't hooked up yet, but that's supposed to happen this weekend. When I finish typing this post, I'm going to head over there to help my director clean it up a bit.

There's only a sofa/bed and a couple of tiny cupboards in there now, but my director works for a women's organization in town and I'm getting some of the furniture from their office. I'm not sure if a kitchen table or countertop is included in all of this, but other than that, I think I'll be okay furniture-wise. My kitchen is painted green and white--my director said that in summer we could wallpaper, but I was trying to explain that these were my university colors and I LIKED the paint. (Anyone want to send me an MSU pennant for my wall?)

When I look out my balcony, I can see fields ahead of me and to my left, and on the right is the edge of the downtown area.

Yay for housing!

4 Comments:

At 7:57 пп, квітня 14, 2006, Anonymous Анонім said...

Hey this is Greenhornet from LJ
Go you with your new apartment
I am looking for one now myself.

 
At 10:43 пп, квітня 14, 2006, Anonymous Анонім said...

So happy to hear that you've found a home!

Em

 
At 1:08 дп, квітня 15, 2006, Anonymous Анонім said...

Yeah! I am so happy to hear of your new housing (the kitchen colors sound nice) :)

 
At 3:05 дп, квітня 19, 2006, Blogger Brandi said...

congratulations!

 

Дописати коментар

<< Home