середу, квітня 05, 2006

scrabble!

Big announcement of the day: I have tri-lingual Scrabble!!! :)

I was wandering around town this morning and ended up in the bookstore by the lyceum. I'd seen what looked like Scrabble there before, so I decided to investigate more closely. I couldn't figure out if it was Russian or Ukrainian, but I figured I could use help spelling in either language, and so I bought it for 18 hryven ($4.50ish).

When I got home, I opened it and discovered that it was tri-lingual: there were tiles for the Cyrillic letters that both Russian and Ukrainian share, plus extra tiles for the letters they don't, plus English cardboard tiles as well.

It's incredibly cool. Now I just need to find people to play it with!

~*~

My fifth form boys like to go fishing, they tell me. So I attempted to make a fishing game for class out of a "fishing pole" (a pen, dental floss, and a paper clip) and paper fish with a hole punched in them. However, it took me 10 minutes of trying to catch a fish, before I finally managed to hook one. We didn't play that game after all. But I suspect I looked rather ridiculous standing in the middle of my bedroom trying to catch fish.

~*~

Supposedly, I'm moving to my apartment next week. However, my director has been very busy lately, so I haven't had any confirmation of this fact. I hope I move soon, as I'm anxious to have my own place. Living with Marina has been great, but I'm ready to try it on my own. Plus, she wants her son, who lives in Moscow, to come visit, and I'm in his room!

~*~

Tif just called. She has a package from her mom, who sent me pepperoni! Yay!

3 Comments:

At 5:57 пп, квітня 05, 2006, Blogger Brandi said...

Cool that you'll have your own place. If nothing else, you can finally replace the pictures the son put on your wall with something more appropriate.

 
At 12:42 дп, квітня 06, 2006, Anonymous Анонім said...

Yay for having a place to stay! And tri-lingual Scrabble sounds cool - hope you find people to play it with so you can all enjoy it. :)

 
At 4:53 пп, квітня 06, 2006, Anonymous Анонім said...

Tri-lingual Scrabble? *drools* Man, I wish I could play Scrabble in >1 language...

*hugs* I hope things are going well for you. :)

 

Дописати коментар

<< Home