понеділок, травня 29, 2006

flying cucumber

Nadia Y. is my new hero. She, with the help of her sisters-in-law, fed 34 people after church yesterday! We had a music group from Kyiv, who were long-time friends of the Y. family, in church yesterday, and afterwards, the music group, the Y. family, our pastor and his wife (Nadia's parents), her two brothers and their families (who all go to our church), and I all had dinner at the Y. house.

My job was keeping Valery (2nd form) out of the kitchen, as he was the kid most likely to be underfoot. So we sat down on the couch and reviewed the alphabet...3-4 times. Then we went outside to see the new baby kittens.

One of the girls from Kyiv knows English pretty well...apparently she helps plan Billy Graham conferences in Ukraine. I liked her because she had a good sense of humor...all the adults were sitting down to dinner, when apparently someone's fork slipped and I felt something on the back of my head. I asked, "What's that?" in Ukrainian, and Yulia replied in English, "Flying cucumber." :)

After church last night, I was invited to the home of one of my 5th form boys who goes to that church. His mom: "Pasha's been wanting me to invite you over for supper after church for several weeks now, but I told him he had to clean his room first." Some things are apparently universal.

I came home from school to discover that my electricity doesn't work. Currently not opening my fridge.

1 Comments:

At 4:15 дп, травня 30, 2006, Anonymous Анонім said...

So you wait all that time to get a fridge and now that you have it, you can't use it. :D

 

Дописати коментар

<< Home