четвер, грудня 22, 2005

I'm a PCV!

Well, I was sworn in as a PCV about three hours ago...it's official! Celebrations since have included McDonald's, Internet, and an evening in Kyiv. :)

Highlights of the week so far:

*food at Prolisok leaves something to be desired, but I've had both pizza and McDonald's today; it's truly sad how much I've come to appreciate McDonald's in a foreign land
*I scored an Intermediate High on my Language Proficiency Interview in Ukrainian, which is quite good...PC's goal was for us to get Intermediate Low and I was two levels higher than that. This surprised me immensely, as my main reaction after my interview was, "Oh my word, they just asked me to explain a Jane Austen novel in Ukrainian!"
*I got a letter from Brandi and packages from my family and the Desters today :)

Merry Christmas, everyone! Thanks for making these first three months a little easier...I love you all!

~Sally Behrenwald, PCV

4 Comments:

At 12:02 дп, грудня 23, 2005, Anonymous Анонім said...

Congratulations!!! We are so proud of you. Enjoy your weekend. Talk to you on Christmas. Love,MOM

 
At 8:32 дп, грудня 23, 2005, Anonymous Анонім said...

Congratulations, chica! :)

And if there's anyone I know who could explain Jane Austen in Ukrainian... :D

I need to send you happy mail. Address?

 
At 1:32 пп, грудня 23, 2005, Blogger Brandi said...

Did the ornament survive the international post process and government inspectors? It was made by a guy at the Weihnachten markts :). I hope that you have a good Christmas. Write soon!

 
At 2:33 дп, грудня 24, 2005, Anonymous Анонім said...

That's great, the OPI is difficult, and I did it in Spanish! Have a Merry Christmas!! By way of an update on me, my boyfriend is now my fiance. We got engaged in October and plan to marry on July 15th.

Lacy

 

Дописати коментар

<< Home