понеділок, листопада 28, 2005

send hugs, please

Thanksgiving dinner was a big success...chicken, mashed potatoes, applesauce, and stuffing that was really stuffing! My family called as well, and I got to talk to Kate for the first time in two months...yay! As she reminded me, none of you have seen my photos yet, so the next time I'm in Kyiv maybe I'll be able to upload them. (Not trying it here in Zgurivka...I think the computer would explode.)

I've had a head cold all weekend, and I'm feeling a little down, both physically and emotionally. It's going to be really hard to leave Zgurivka (where I currently am) in a few weeks and move to Balaklia, my new site. My host family here has been great...I'm not completely sure where I'm living in Balaklia, as several different places were discussed. I'll be moving to a community where I don't speak the primary language, and I've only been studying the secondary one for three months.

It'll be okay, I'm sure...just right now it all seems rather overwhelming.

5 Comments:

At 9:46 пп, листопада 29, 2005, Blogger Brandi said...

Hooray for Thanksgiving! We should really find a way to connect as soon as you are allowed to travel. I'm only a measly 1029 miles from Kyyiv ;).

 
At 11:22 пп, листопада 29, 2005, Anonymous Анонім said...

Hey Sally,
Glad to hear that you got yourself a good Ukranian coat and hope your move goes smoothly.
Em

 
At 9:58 дп, листопада 30, 2005, Blogger Abigail said...

I'm praying for you Sally! :-) All will work out. I'm sure you'll pick up the language fast.

 
At 9:28 пп, листопада 30, 2005, Blogger Ben & Heather said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving, Sally. I'll be praying for speedy language acquisition! Just think of all that you've done so far! You can do this, too. =) One adventure after another. I'll be praying for a wonderful living situation when you move, too. Take care, chica.
Luv ya, Heather Jane

 
At 6:07 пп, грудня 03, 2005, Anonymous Анонім said...

So, does mail still go to the PO box in Kyiv? The letter is begun and should be going out on Monday (maybe Tuesday, it suddenly occurs to me that my Monday schedule doesn't really allow time to get to the post office).
I'm assuming you'll let us know when the address changes, but just thought I'd check. :)

 

Дописати коментар

<< Home