четвер, листопада 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I am so thankful for all of you...your comments, letters, and emails have really helped me over the past two months (wow...tomorrow is officially two months since Staging...where did the time go???).

Eric and Cindy Thomas invited me for Thanksgiving dinner, but the logistics of getting to Kyiv and getting permission to go mean that that's not happening. But that's okay. My cluster is planning on cooking a quasi-American meal for dinner (chicken, stuffing, applesauce, and mashed potatoes) and having a party tonight. Which should rock. I'm breaking out my ziploc bags of spices to contribute. :)

We have snow here now, and it's oh-so-pretty...makes me a bit homesick for Michigan, though! And so you can all stop worrying, I bought a winter coat. It's a long black wool one, and I'm quite fond of it. If only I hadn't left my black winter hat in the States...

4 Comments:

At 6:14 пп, листопада 24, 2005, Blogger Yi said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sally :)

 
At 2:07 дп, листопада 25, 2005, Blogger Brandi said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Hope your dinner turns out well.

 
At 9:04 пп, листопада 25, 2005, Anonymous Анонім said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

It makes me sad to hear that you didn't take your hat with you. I always loved that hat...

(And the letter is coming. At some point.)

 
At 11:45 пп, листопада 27, 2005, Blogger Brad and Megan said...

Happy belated foreign Thanksgiving! We had 4 thanksgiving dinners in total, but only one had real turkey. Megan even baked a pecan pie...the pecans were tough to find, and we never found Karo syrup, so we had to improvise with honey! Anyway, glad to hear you're doing well...how's that Russian coming?

 

Дописати коментар

<< Home