пʼятницю, листопада 04, 2005

according to the fifth form, my sister's name is America!

Mood: tired, but happy :)

Stage Notes: As usual, the town computer club, complete with small boys playing violent games

Oh my word, it's been a looong week. For whatever reasons they have, the Peace Corps decided to change our language instructors for three weeks, which has just meant a lot of adjustments. However, both my comprehension and output of Ukrainian seem to be improving lately. Yay.

The highlights of my week have been the classes I've taught. Part of it is that I have kids who really do want to learn, and part of it is realizing just how much I enjoy teaching. The low points have been feeling stressed and exhausted most of the time. We were told that weeks 5 and 6 of PST (what we're doing right now) are generally the toughest, and this has been week 5. Which means that I've been in Ukraine for 5 weeks. Last night it hit me that five weeks before, I was packing to come here. That boggled my mind. Then I thought back one more week to going to an MSU orchestra concert with a friend, and at that point I realized that my brain couldn't handle the fact that my world has pretty much turned upside down in six weeks. It seems as if it was another world...

Prayer request: there's a chance that on Sunday, I may get to meet some people who used to go to Riverview and are now missionaries in Kyiv. This would be awesome. :)