суботу, грудня 17, 2005

the agony of de-feet

Well, my whole cluster has joked about ways to spend a night in Kyiv...but the one I found is not the preferred method. Just before we were supposed to go home yesterday, I sprained/twisted my ankle for the second time this fall, and the medical office told me that they thought it best if I spent the night here at the Peace Corps office. So I did, and watched A Mighty Wind, which is a mockumentary about folk music that has a wonderful take-off on the New Christy Minstrels, read Philippians, talked to Mom and Dad on the phone, and spent quite some time sending text messages on my new cell phone with my clustermates when my foot started aching and I couldn't sleep. Have I mentioned I love those guys?

So I'm still here, about ready to go take a shower thanks to a wonderful person I don't know who has shampoo to lend me (yay fellow PCVs), and hopefully, cross-my-fingers, going home later today for the farewell family party. And then tomorrow I have to pack all my stuff. And on Monday, goodbyes and off to Prolisok for the week.

1 Comments:

At 4:03 дп, грудня 19, 2005, Anonymous Анонім said...

Good luck with the move... and merry Christmas a bit early!

((subliminal message: send me your address when you know what it is))

 

Дописати коментар

<< Home