неділю, лютого 19, 2006

evil squirrels and church

Stage Notes: Peace Corps office
Mood: blessed

IST is over, and while it was fun to hang out with people, I'm glad to be going back to site. My roomies, Grace and Shelly, were randomly insane in the way of many of my friends back home...as in, we stayed up until 2 am one night discussing such topics as the fact that, according to Grace, brown squirrels are evil and black squirrels are slightly less evil and protect us from the brown squirrels.

Also deeply encouraging was meeting two other PCVs in my group who are Christians and being able to pray together, something I haven't had with other people in almost five months. I have a lead on a church in Kharkiv with an English language service, so I'm hoping to check it out soon. It amazes me how things like being able to pray with others, that I took for granted back home, mean so much to me here.

And, as I am in Kyiv today, I am going to church at Kyiv International Bible Church this morning and hanging out with the Thomases this afternoon.

2 Comments:

At 2:47 пп, лютого 19, 2006, Anonymous Анонім said...

So happy to hear of all the encouragement that God has provided you with. Keep trusting Him!!

 
At 8:47 пп, лютого 20, 2006, Blogger Brandi said...

Maybe I should call you at 2AM so you can have more of those bizarre moments :).

 

Дописати коментар

<< Home