вівторок, січня 01, 2008

Z novem rokum!

Happy New Year!

I haven't been very good about updating this, mostly because I can't access Blogger at my parents' house and whenever I'm at the library, I have too many other things to do. But I'm still doing well...slowly adjusting back to life in the US.

The readjustment period has been, of course, strange, but I think it's going well. Tif and I went to Little Ukraine, a neighborhood in Chicago, this past week. One might think that we went out to a Ukrainian restaurant or a museum...no. We went to little corner grocery stores, found the same foods that we ate in Ukraine, and spoke Ukrainian to the store clerks. (Well, I did. Tif spoke Russian.)

I'm living at home full-time for the first time since I graduated from high school in 2001. It's great to be back with my family, but since the household is now four adults, it has a different feel than the one I left. I love being able to spend time with everyone, though...at least, when our schedules coincide!

Jason and I are enjoying having only a three-hour drive between our respective family homes, as opposed to half a planet. He came up to Lakeview to visit my family on the weekend before Christmas, and I've been in Livonia since Saturday visiting his family (heading back north this afternoon).

I'm as of yet unemployed, but I'mputting in applications to be a technical assistant at the Montcalm County Farm Service Agency or a substitute teacher. We'll see what happens. In January, I'm off to Milwaukee on the 12th, riding back with Jason so I can see Marquette, and from there, I fly down to Texas that next Monday to be a bridesmaid in my friend Melissa's wedding.

2007 was a great year. At some point, I want to do one of those "year in review" recap posts, but it's not happening today. So here's to a great year to come in 2008!