понеділок, грудня 03, 2007

well then, let's all make frumpy faces on the count of 3...

In my earlier post, I forgot to mention that Oleh Yukymets, with a face like a thundercloud (same face he had in class on Friday) told me yesterday, "You're leaving, so I'm not going to learn English anymore."

Which I think translates into, "It really sucks that you're leaving and I'm going to miss you, but as an eighth form boy I can't say that. Therefore I'm going to make you feel bad about leaving." I tried to point out that he could use English to communicate with me after I leave, but he didn't want to hear that.

I think Nelya's going to have a challenge there.

Which all makes me wonder--does this make me an effective teacher or an uneffective one, long-term? :)

Мітки: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:05 пп, грудня 03, 2007, Anonymous Анонім said...

In a way, that's really cute.

 
At 3:13 пп, грудня 04, 2007, Anonymous Анонім said...

I don't know that it says anything regarding your effectiveness or lack thereof in teaching ability, but I do think that it says alot for your connectivity with an 8th form boy!

 

Дописати коментар

<< Home