четвер, січня 18, 2007

George Marvin Behrenwald, 1919-2007

Ah, the Internet finally works, after not working all week.

~*~

My Grandpa B died yesterday. He was 87 (I think), so it wasn't unexpected, but please keep my family in your prayers. I remember riding around with him in his white postal jeep delivering the Buyline and getting Subway afterwards, playing with the Amish kids that lived in the house where he'd grown up, and always getting him socks or gloves for Christmas because I didn't know what else to get him. He always told me to "be kind to small children and animals." Good advice.

(Kate, I'll try and send you memories for a eulogy on Saturday when I go to Kharkiv.)

~*~

My senior English club has doubled in size to TWO students! We had our first meeting "All About Us", talked about who we are, played a game where we had to answer questions about each other (tricky!), and made collages. Firyuza and Slava, two of my 8th formers, came, and I think they had fun. Maybe we'll double again next week.

1 Comments:

At 3:14 дп, січня 27, 2007, Anonymous Анонім said...

Sally,

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather's death. *Hugs*

 

Дописати коментар

<< Home