вівторок, січня 02, 2007

there's an ice skating rink on the central square in Kharkiv!

Mom said that people have been commenting that I haven't posted in almost a week. To which all I can say is that well, this is the first time I've had someone from home come visit me, and we've been busy doing Balaklia-type stuff.

I met Jason at the airport Wednesday night, and then we took various trains to get back to my site. Thursday was just a catch-up, recover-from-jet-lag day with a belated American Christmas in the evening. (Tif and Kate, thanks for the presents...you guys rock!) Friday was the semester staff meeting and New Year's party at my school, followed by a visit to the Y family. Saturday we went to the bazaar and baked Christmas cookies. Sunday was church (in which Jason gave greetings from America, I translated, and then we sang "How Great Thou Art" in English), followed by an awesome New Year's celebration at the Ys, lasting until Monday morning. Yesterday we had some of my friends come over for dinner, and now we're in Kharkiv.

And that is why I haven't had time to post. :) Seriously, though, we're having a great time. Pictures will be posted when I get to Kyiv this weekend.

Happy New Year, everyone!