суботу, січня 06, 2007

these boots ain't made for walkin'



Just for Tif--a blow-up Santa on one of the shops in Balaklia!

More photos on my Facebook account

Hopefully Jason can scan/upload some of his pictures when he gets back to the US, because he has most of the Kyiv pictures on his camera, as my digital decided to have the batteries die on me yesterday. :(

We had an awesome time together, partly just getting to share a different culture and partly being able to have nine days where we could have a relationship that was on the same continent (novel concept). We had fun, laughed a lot, and had good conversations about all sorts of topics.

~*~

[Setting: Tuesday on the streets of Kharkiv, by a store with a display of knee-high bright red boots with stiletto heels]

Me: Those red ones are just too much.

Jason: Yeah, black ones are bad enough.

Me: What's wrong with [knee-high] black boots? [pause] I've lived here too long, haven't I.

Jason, grinning: Yeah.

~*~

Plans for the rest of break: I went with Jason to the airport this morning, saw him off, and came back to the office. I'm hanging out with Tanya of WHO and Firefly fame this afternoon, then heading back home tonight. Tomorrow is Ukrainian Christmas, and I think I'm caroling with the Y kids. Then a planning week for the next semester and our first English club meeting, and maybe Kharkiv next weekend to visit with people.

1 Comments:

At 7:05 пп, січня 06, 2007, Anonymous Анонім said...

Does Jason have a blog? If so, may I be permitted to know what it is?
Glad you had a good time. Now you need to come back here!!

 

Дописати коментар

<< Home