пʼятницю, червня 15, 2007

Iced Tea (when you don't have ice)

Because Mom asked, my recipe for iced tea (makes 1 liter):

3 strawberry-flavored tea bags
1 mint-flavored tea bag
1 liter of water
sugar to taste (I use 2-3 tablespoons)

Bring the water to a boil. Pour into 1-liter jar (or, for those people not dependent on the metric system or with a better equipped kitchen, a medium-sized glass jar or pitcher). Tie tea bags together by the strings and place in hot water. Stir in sugar. Leave the jar on the counter for an hour or so to let the tea steep. (I usually leave the stirring spoon in the jar to weight the tea bags down so they don't float on top, but I don't know if it really makes a difference.) Put the jar in the refrigerator. After a couple of hours, your tea is ready! I suppose you could add ice cubes when serving, but my freezer doesn't keep things cold enough for me to make ice.

~*~

Anyone have good ideas about what to do with goat milk? My friend Natalia gave me some, and I'm not crazy about the flavor when I drink it straight. I've been using it in strawberry shortcakes this week, but I'm open to new ideas. (As much as I hate to admit it, there may be a limit to how many times a week a girl can eat strawberry shortcake.) Googling "goat milk recipes" got me lots of ideas about cheese and fudge, but they generally either called for ingredients I can't get (rennet, corn syrup, marshmallow cream, etc.) or involved cooking thermometers.

Мітки: , ,