понеділок, травня 28, 2007

a kindred soul, somewhere in cyberspace

Found while surfing the Internet:

Nobody who can read is ever successful in cleaning out an attic. (Anonymous)

This explains my cry of horror when Jason told me a couple of weeks ago that he was going through his bookshelves and getting rid of a few books.

"You can't! I'm not coming back until December! You can't just get rid of books without giving me the chance to browse through them and borrow them!" I then explained how that, when I was growing up, Mom, Kate, and I all had to get each other's approval before getting rid of any books...which often just meant a transfer of ownership rather than any books actually leaving the house.

Jason assured me that the books he was getting rid of weren't anything I'd have any interest in reading, and since he is a trustworthy individual, I'm going to believe him.

~*~

Today's batch of iced tea is strawberry-flavored. If it turns out well, I think I'll combine these two attempts and have my third batch be strawberry-mint. The weather's a bit better today...still warm, but there's a good breeze.

Мітки: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:57 пп, травня 28, 2007, Anonymous Анонім said...

jeff and i have to start thinking about moving soon. the goal is to move a lot of the stuff gradually over the summer, so that come august, it won't be such a pain in the ass. as we have three full-to-overflowing bookshelves, i suggested that we should start moving our books first. you should have seen the pout he gave me! just like a little kid preparing to wail, the lip, the eyes and all. i sympathize though. i know we don't need most of the books we have, but it's SO nice just to have them around.

 
At 4:16 пп, травня 29, 2007, Blogger Sally said...

I understand. Anywhere I've moved, I always want to unpack the books as soon as I move in, before all the other stuff, just because having them around makes the place seem more like home.

 

Дописати коментар

<< Home