суботу, травня 26, 2007

Sumer is icumen in, Lhude sing cuccu!

Not having any big plans for the day (it's too hot), I went to the bazaar this morning in search of fresh produce. I was hoping for strawberries, but it's a little early yet...a couple of stands had them, but they looked small and squished and were an outrageous 25 hryvnia/kilo. However, I did find baby potatoes, radishes, fresh dill, honey, mushrooms, and two hair clips (a black claw clip and a big pink barrette).

Then I came home and boiled the baby potatoes and then added melted butter, garlic, and a bunch of the dill. Yummy.

It's so hot here...it's been up above 90 for the last several days. I need to go do laundry at the Y's, but the thought of lugging a big bag of laundry over to their house, plus coming up with the energy to be social for the two hours it takes the washing machine just seems like a lot. I might do it on Monday, although I need to find out if this upcoming holiday (Trinity Day) means that people don't do any extra work around the house.

Or, I might just make a liter jar of iced tea and sit around the apartment doing not much of anything until I go tutor Julia at 5 pm.

Мітки: , , , ,