вівторок, травня 01, 2007

happy Soviet Labor day!

Wow, it's a small world.

I'm chatting on MSN Messenger with a guy I worked with almost six years ago when I had just finished high school. We were camp counselors together and debated theology in our free time.

It turns out that he has converted to Orthodoxy (which he was considering back when I knew him) and is moving to Ukraine this summer to work as a long-term missionary in an orphanage out West. Small, small world...

~*~

Today's been sort of chilly, so I've been cooking to keep the apartment warm (and so I don't go hungry). I finally got around to making pizza with onions, mushrooms, and chicken, which was good except that the dough didn't really rise, since the apartment's not all that warm. Then my little neighbor girls came over and we made carrot bread with the last of my carrots...they got to grate the carrots, crack the egg, and stir things, which they enjoyed greatly.

(Tim, this fits in with my suggestions to you of things to do. Invite your neighbor kids over, cook something, and then blog about it. See, I can combine them!)

Мітки: , , , ,