понеділок, березня 05, 2007

british monarchs in verse

Saturday school was non-eventful...I couldn't tell if the kids who didn't come didn't come because of the flu or because they were skipping.

The highlights of yesterday afternoon were having a good long visit with Nadia (who nursed all 10 kids and herself through the flu!) and beating Vitaly and Oleh at chess. Nice to know I can still play.

Today was one of those days that just seemed disorganized. Nelya blamed the 4th form for not doing homework I didn't assign, which confused them to no end. I ended up with the 8th form, which I usually don't teach on Mondays, so I threw together an English history lesson last minute without having a book and did a fair amount of yelling, as they were just wild and out of control. But then I had my English club and 10 little girls made cards for International Women's Day on March 8, complete with stickers, glitter glue (a big hit), and a message in English. And that was fun.

Poem of the day, learned at some point in my childhood, and taught to the 8th form this afternoon:

King Henry the Eighth
To six spouses was wedded--
One died, one survived,
Two divorced, two beheaded.

It's amazing, the random things I pass on to my kids.

Мітки: , , , ,