вівторок, квітня 03, 2007

one of those weeks...

I'm in the mood for a bit of irony today...

...that while I've been lectured lately by Nelya for not keeping my apartment clean enough (which she didn't see, but heard about from my director, who heard about it from my landlady, who came in when I wasn't home because that's legal here), my 6th formers (and many, many other people here) see nothing wrong with throwing their candy wrappers and chip bags on the ground outside because "someone will pick it up later." At least when I don't clean my apartment it doesn't cause an eyesore for everyone who walks by.

...that I was wearing an ankle-length skirt with a back slit to the knee today, and Nelya was upset because my slip showed. "The children will notice," she said. This in a country where I don't think anyone wears slips and where my girls come to school in very short, tight skirts...and tight, low-cut tops with suggestive phrases on them in English. Honestly, I don't think it matters much if a very small portion of my slip shows through the slit in my skirt.

I keep trying to track down my landlady at the school where she works to ask about Internet. I haven't talked to her yet, but today my director came up to me and asked what was up. I have no idea how she knew that I'd been there...sigh...I live in a fishbowl. I left it at "I have a question for her," because Sally Getting Internet doesn't have to be everyone's business. Then again, in Ukraine, maybe it does.

Мітки: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:53 пп, квітня 07, 2007, Blogger Abigail said...

Hey Sally ... I just wanted to say that I love reading your blog and how you are doing. Best of luck with your kids!!!

 

Дописати коментар

<< Home