пʼятницю, листопада 10, 2006

you can only run into the woods halfway...then, you're running out of the woods

I had half of a long post written, and then the computer here at the post office kicked me off the Internet. Honestly, that pretty much sums up the week. For those people who wondered why I haven't posted, I've had food poisoning, needed to do laundry, missed the train to Kharkiv that would have given me time to hang out at the Internet club there (not my fault, it didn't stay at the station for 20 minutes like it's supposed to), got a flu shot, and didn't want to be out after dark, which currently happens at 4:30ish.

It's been a long, rough week...and now I've either got a head cold or the touch of the flu that Dr. Sasha warned me could arise from the flu shot.

I could whine on and on right now about frustrations with my school, my coworkers, my pupils, my lack of hot water, etc...but you don't want to read all that, and it's not good for me either.

So instead, I will keep my chin up, be happy that I am immunized against the dreaded flu (which has been known to close schools for several weeks), and celebrate November 11, my half-way mark as a PCV (assuming I stay until December 22, the last possible day of my service, which seems unlikely...more likely to leave mid-December). I have been here 13.5 months, learned 1.5 new languages, made many new friends, learned how to deal without the aforementioned hot water, and maybe even taught a little bit of English.

Yay me! (Take that, week!)