пʼятницю, жовтня 06, 2006

got a little dish and you got a little spoon

And another week of school has ended...on a good note. My 10th form, who generally sit there and do nothing, had a good lesson today. We listened to country music as part of our American Studies curriculum, and the kids really got into it. We heard "She's in Love with the Boy" (yes, I was able to reword the idioms in the footnotes) and "Little Bitty", which was a great song for having a picture drawn of each line by yours truly, and then the kids had to put them in order. Sasha, who never does anything, really got into it, and Inna, who has brains but prefers not to use them, REALLY got into it and insisted we sing "Little Bitty" as a class. Nelya said afterwards, "I wish all lessons could be like that." I agree.

I gave my 6th form back their tests today...much groaning and sad faces, as they hadn't done so well. I went to collect the tests again to show their "official" teacher, only to find out that Yulia had crumpled hers up in a tiny ball and Arevik...well, Arevik, who is my top student but had only gotten 60%...had shredded her test into lots of little pieces. Yep.

The new supermarket in my town carries real chocolate chip cookies and Mria, the "regular" store I often frequent, has started carrying something very similar to Doritos. Ah, familiar junk food!

For the benefit of (at least) Tif, I'll try to post a Christmas wish list sometime soon.