суботу, вересня 24, 2005

Countdown: one week!!!

This time next week, I'll be in Chicago for Staging. Wow. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by everything that needs to get done...cleaning, packing, sorting, saying goodbye to people who mean a lot to me.

I find it funny that as I prepare to move to a less-developed country than the one I currently reside in, I am acquiring more technology than I previously owned. I now have a laptop (Dell Inspiron 1200, named Adella) and a digital camera (Samsung, named Samantha, a graduation/Christmas gift from my parents). Hopefully between these two items, I can keep you all quasi-regularly informed about my new adventures in words and pictures.

I'm currently looking at the Gerald R. Ford International Airport website. It amuses me that its URL is grr.org. This is because I say "grr" occasionally when frustrated. Looking through the list of items that I can take in my carryons and checked luggage, I am also amused by the thought of taking a meat cleaver or a cattle prod to Ukraine with me. But apparently I can, as long as they're in my checked luggage.

1 Comments:

At 11:04 пп, вересня 24, 2005, Blogger Brad and Megan said...

Wow, just one week left! I found the Ukranian peace corp tips to be pretty hilarious...Megan and I have already discovered the truth in the tip about carrying T.P. with you everywhere. You walk into a bathroom here and there´s one toilet paper dispenser on the wall as you step in...which invariably never has toilet paper in it. What do these people do? And we have also nearly lost our lives crossing a busy street without looking down. There was a manhole without a cover on it that Megan almost took a dive in! The adventure! The peril! The intestinal parasites!

 

Дописати коментар

<< Home